My Baby Needs Paint Clothes

We just bought our first home, and now we are working to make it our own!

18 May 2005

Catching Up

So I haven't posted in...forever. Too bad. Get over it. I was 'busy'. That is to say, I had better things to do. And...I was lazy. So there.

However. Scott arrived safely for graduation. Yay! I went and picked him up in KC. It rained the whole way there and most of the way back. I love rain. I wish it would rain today. It would be nice. But it won't. Or it will wait until after I fall asleep.

So, graduation was Saturday. Ben and I accepted Barb's diploma. Then, we had a few people over for lunch at my mom's house. Scott's mom was there, as was one of my mom's friends and her husband. It was just one of those days. I couldn't sleep Friday, so when they decided to go to the Ren Fest and wanted to take Tori, I went home and took a nap. <3 Then Eric and I got to hang out for awhile. Micah came over, and we all watched Read or Die, which is a totally kick-ass anime. Tori watched Pinocchio on the compy. Stayed up way too late again. Played D&D on Sunday and almost died. Monday...I did something I can't remember. Oh, went to JC and helped my mom clean a house. And read a book.

Tuesday...yesterday...we met with the county attorney. Went about as well as I expected it to. Except maybe a little worse. I don't know. Wilkerson reminds me of a weasel. Or a rat. Bleh. I'm not in a mood to think about it. So, after we met with Wilkerson, I went back to work for a few hours. Then I got Micah and my mom took Scott, Ben, Steve, Micah, and I out for dinner at Famous Dave's. It was pretty good, except they don't believe in refilling your drinks until you grab the waitress and threaten her. Apparently, they believe that an empty drink means you're about done with your meal. Whatever. Ben had an appointment at 8, and Steve had try outs for Romeo and Juliet. Micah had to clean his house, so he left too. And Mom, Scott, and I went out for drinks. Scott had the equivalent of about 3 beers, and Mom and I had giant Long Islands. Mom and I both ended up feeling ... very happy. ^.^; So Steven came and joined us for a few minutes, and then we went to Mom's house and played Pinochle. Scott and Mom won one game and Scott and I won the second. Steven lost. o.o Silly boy...

Now, it's Wednesday. It's a crap for crap kinda day. Thus far, I've typed a job description for Reggie (the boss' boss) and spent about...4 hours trolling the net. I got mostly caught up on my C&A forum readings, did my stuff for MW, and now I'm posting here. I feel accomplished. Now I'm ready for my nap.

Random Quote: "And the words we learned today are 'fangoriously', 'gelatinous', and...linebacker." Strongbad.

2 Comments:

  • At 5/18/2005 12:26 pm, Blogger Logan C. Adams said…

    It was a good thing of you and Ben to accept the diploma on her behalf. You're a good big sister, I just hope you didn't give yourself a hangover.

     
  • At 5/18/2005 12:39 pm, Blogger Mela said…

    Nope, no hangover. I've only been hungover like once in my entire drinking career...which we shall not discuss the length of. ^.^

     

Post a Comment

<< Home