My Baby Needs Paint Clothes

We just bought our first home, and now we are working to make it our own!

13 June 2005

I Remember

I can see you
In my mind’s eye
Standing there
Your head tilted just so
A mischievous half-smile
Playing at your lips
And lighting your eyes

I recall
The wonder in your eyes
As you first gazed
Upon your newborn niece
And watched as she took
Her first halting steps
Toward you

I remember
All the times
We screamed
And fought
And all the times
We giggled
In the darkness

I recall
The day you told me
You were engaged
I have never
Seen you happier
Or been happier
For you

I remember
The little things
And the big things
And all the things
You were to me
And all the things
You were to others

I can see you still
Even though
I’ll never
See you again.
My sister
My friend

I remember.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home