My Baby Needs Paint Clothes

We just bought our first home, and now we are working to make it our own!

13 June 2005

If I was more creative, this would be a title...

So this weekend was good, mostly. I got to see Micah (<3!) lots, and I saw my mom and I had Tori. Also, I got my house somewhat picked up. But eclipsing all of that was the disaster that befell on Saturday evening: I asked Scott to show me how to set up a network between my computers, and it wouldn't (read: it got very upset and made lots of loud noises and froze up) let me create a network without using the set-up wizard. Okay, fine, blah blah blah. "You must restart your computer for these changes to take effect". Okay. Restart teh computer. Except it never rebooted. It got as far as the little 'HP Invent' screen, and it all went to hell. Eventually (an hour later) it decided to tell me that I needed to reset the time/date in the BIOS. So I go into the System Utility to do that, and I'm flipping through the options, changing the time and the date, spittin' teddy grahams...er...preparing to exit, and I finish looking at the list, and the last item catches my eye: Hard Drive: [none]. WTF? This thing has a hard drive! It's right there! Except...it died. Dead, gone to the great beyond, passed on, deceased, pushing up daisies (or rather, it will be soon, unless someone wants it), no more, it is an ex-hard drive. I just spent a LOT of money on that goddamn hard drive, and it came with a thirty day warranty, but I've had it 33 days (as of today. This damn thing died on DAY 31!!!). Ah well. A friend has a lappy they've been trying to get rid of (for FREE), and hopefully the hard drives are interchangeable. Knowing my rotten luck, they aren't. Well, if they aren't, I'm going to be earning some extra money and I can hopefully purchase a new one.

Other than that, the weekend was pretty good. Tori was very well behaved mostly, and I got to see Micah lots (as mentioned above). We're starting a new WarCraft D20 game (sort of like D&D but with a different setting). He has been appropriately reminded of how lucky he is to have a gamer girlfriend. And he admits his luck. I'm such a lucky girl...I've got a wonderful guy. And that wonderful guy has wonderful parents who like me. ^.^

Not much else going on...Robbie's frustrating me (apparently, reminding him that if he doesn't have his schedule to me by 10 pm on Saturday I have the right to ask for set visitation is threatening him...yeah, I don't get it either) but there's nothing new about that. Staff training is over at Moonwings for a few days...we'll do it again next week. I get to be evil for a week, while pretending to be someone else. ^.^ Major funness!

Random Quote: "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it’s not true. I have the heart of a young boy in a jar on my desk" -Stephen King

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home