My Baby Needs Paint Clothes

We just bought our first home, and now we are working to make it our own!

01 June 2005

Identity Theft IS a Crime!

That's right. Finally, something in Kansas is a crime! OMG.

Okay. To be serious...I ran a credit check on myself out of boredom last week, and guess what I found? I apparently have four credit cards. One is mine. One is my credit account with HP. One is the one I had with Robbie. The other, opened one short month after my 18th birthday, is the reason I have such a poor credit rating. Unfortunately, I have no memory of ever having a credit card before Robbie and I got our card - when I was 20! I especially do not remember missing at least three payments on that card before they closed it (due to returned mail) in December of 2003. Yes, folks, that's right: my identity was stolen. Yes, you say, but by whom? Well, that is the mystery of the situation. Friday I called the company (before the babysitter called and my weekend went to hell in a handbasket) and they are now sending me all the statements from the mystery account. I found out it was billed to my previous home address, but it was not billed to my mailing address. Very interesting, no?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home