My Baby Needs Paint Clothes

We just bought our first home, and now we are working to make it our own!

23 September 2005

It's Friday! AGAIN! OMG

Whatever will we do??? It's yet another Friday. Someone should alert the presses. I am in a very...odd mood today. If you couldn't tell that already, you should probably go bang your head against a wall for several minutes. A soft wall. Not like a brick one or anything. As usual, I have not updated for...awhile. Two weeks, actually. Not a record, for certain. ^_^;;;

Well, to move onto the important stuff. The last couple weeks have been busy. Not hectic-busy, just busy. I had a test in my US Politics class. I got a very high B. 89.5%. But you don't really want to hear about how boring my classes are. Or read about it, either. I know what you all really wanna hear about...Tori and kittens. In about that order.

Victoria is loving preschool. She loves the kittens too. In fact, she loves some of them more than others, and this was evidenced quite glaringly when we took the kittens to visit her preschool class on Thursday. Whiskey and Kir and Vader were fairly resigned to being fawned over and loved on by fifteen three and four year olds. Scotch didn't seem to mind overly much either, but he got tired of it after awhile. Guiness, on the other hand...took one look at that room full of little grasping hands and ran away. Or tried to run away. At least three little boys chased him, further scaring him, and I was the lucky one who finally caught him. Poor guy. He just curled up on me and shook. He definitely needs to be loved more often.

Tori is getting so big. She continues to make sure we all know her full name. In fact, she imperiously states it whenever you call her by a nickname when she's not happy with you. She's so cute.

The kittens are also getting big. They have started using the litterbox and eating dry food. They continue to follow Gin around and nurse, but they do so less and less and for shorter periods of time. They have taken to sleeping on my bed with me, in shifts it seems. I start the night with two or three of them, and in the morning there's a different set of kittens in the bed with me. Often, I wake up with 7 cats in my bed. <3 Their eyes are changing, and they have such distinctive personalities. Guiness is rather a loner, who likes to fight but not to cuddle or be petted. Whiskey likes to cuddle, and is quite the accomplished jumper. Though he's barely 8 inches from nose to butt, that kitten is a fearless jumper; the only one who will jump off the bed without creeping down the side several inches first and prefering to span the distance between the bed and the barricade (it has quilts hanging on it and the cats like to sit upon it) in a single wild leap. He's so damn cute. Kir likes to run about and fight with his brothers, but when he wants a cuddle, he's the sweetest kitten on earth. He's one of the kittens who likes to spend the entire night in my bed. Scotch is a sweety. He likes to chase string. And little mice. And Gin's tail, much to her dismay. He also likes to sleep with me. Vader...Caleb's kitten. Such an appropriate name it is, too. Vader, who terrorized the Jedi. His namesake, who terrorizes his brothers regularly. This kitten is an accomplished climber. The only one of the five to get atop the banister thus far, which scared the hell out of me. And three of his brothers, who were napping on the floor below when he lept from the banister and landed in their midst. To be more precise, when he landed with one paw (at least) on each of them. I'm sure they were not amused by my laughter, though Vader seemed quite pleased with his prank as he strolled away. He does similar things, leaping off of chairs, the coffee table, the davenport, the bed, and steps onto his unsuspecting parents and siblings. They definitely light up and lighten my life.

The kittens are quickly learning about clothing. Victoria likes to wrap them up in blankets and is now trying to put clothing on them. hee hee. Barb and I used to do that to our kittens. And our cats. The best part is, I didn't even teach her that! She just started doing it. Soooo cute. Poor cats.

Anything else I can bore you with today? Not really, I guess. <3

Random quote: There are those who think the world would be a better place if we shot fewer films and more actors.